A little list of updates

Hello lovely friends!

This year I've been trying to focus more on writing, so sometimes my blog gets overlooked when I am prioritizing my writing time. I am going to try to get back to some sort of regular schedule soon!

I have a new full-time job working at a bank, and I feel like I have finally adjusted to the new schedule. I have to wake up pretty early, but that means I get to be home in the late afternoon, and I love having my evenings to myself. 

I have been reading quite a lot this year as well. I love reading so I am happy to finally have some time to read some books. I buy them all the time and so I have a nice pile of reading material to choose from. Two of my favorites I have read so far this year are November Girl by Lydia Kang and The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill. If you are looking for something to read I recommend those two, they are both very wonderful.

April is here and hopefully I will have time/inspiration to do something for National Poetry Month. I have been doing a project this year that consists of writing one poem a week, so I am celebrating April by reading more poetry, going to local readings and attending a poetry workshop later this month. I am looking forward to celebrating poetry. Are you?

This past month I met some goals so I decided to reward myself by getting a new pen! And not just any pen. I spent a good amount of time looking for the right kind of pen. I wanted to get one that was refillable, wrote well on different kinds of paper, and was accessible for someone who isn't a super duper pen aficionado. I decided to get a fountain pen!



Isn't it pretty? It is a Pilot. It writes really well, and was fairly inexpensive. Plus, ink is very economical, and I love the idea of having a pen that will stay with me for a long time. I hate throwing away whole pens. This way I can simply refill it and keep on writing! Achieving my writing goals will be even more fun now, because I am excited to use my new pen. 

Hopefully I will get a blogging schedule going soon. I will definitely be spending a lot of time writing, but poetry month usually is a lot of poetry writing for me, so we will see. 

Happy Spring, and happy poetry month!

Comments

Popular Posts