Thoughts on Procrastination

This blog was started months ago. I was bright-eyed, my mind full of wonderment and joy and optimism and what HAPPENED?

Oh, yeah. University has this way of commanding all of my attention. Making me feel guilty for spending time doing things like blog posts and generally enjoying life.

Here are some reasons why I haven't made a post until now:

1) I have had lots of homework

2) This particular blogpost is a way for me to procrastinate homework

3) Previous attempts at writing a blogpost have ended with me saving a draft that will probably never be seen by anyone.

4) I am a perfectionist. I want things to be perfect. I want the world to see a version of me that is concise and articulate and maybe over-romanticizes things a bit much. And honestly that is a really unrealistic expectation for myself if I want to maintain a blog.

"This must end!" ~ me to myself moments ago as I finished writing this list of four terrible excuses. 

I named this blog "muchness" because I want it to reflect the entirety of muchness that is who I am and what I love and how I think. Procrastination, wonderful as it is for enjoying such leisurely activities as Netflix and reading, shouldn't be an escape from my insecurities or overwhelming perfectionism. 

I have decided I shall no longer ask myself to adhere to an unreachable standard that frankly, has hindered my creativity for a solid semester. I have had some amazing support this semester, and some eye-opening conversations with people that I love that have all helped me realize that this stunt in my creativity is mostly my own shackles I've placed around my wild thought processes. It is possible to create beautiful things without being my own worst critic. My blog shall be henceforth the embodiment of these realizations.

LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL AND IT IS TOO SHORT TO WASTE WORRYING THAT SOMETHING ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH FOR A BLOG ON THE INTERNET.

You may look forward to more incoherent posts about my life and related nonsense. 


Comments

Popular Posts